The Department of Anthropology and Archaeology in the Faculty of Arts is currently seeking a Full-time Regular Technician.
Reporting to the Pod Manager and working in collaboration with the Archaeology Lab Technician and Department Head, the Technician will support the day-to-day operations of the Anthropology & Archaeology department. This regular full-time position (35 hours per week) is a member of the AUPE bargaining unit. Overtime may be required during peak periods, such as the beginning and end of terms. The incumbent is expected to work on campus.
This position supports undergraduate and graduate teaching and research activities in the following ways:
- Curation and management of the department’s biological anthropology labs and collections
- Providing support to faculty and students in such areas as data management and statistical analysis, database construction and maintenance
- Maintenance of tools and instruments associated with the biological anthropology program (teaching and research)
- Operation and management of the department’s digital story-telling lab
- Assistance with logistical planning for biological anthropology field research projects and field schools
- Assisting with the day to day operations of the department.
The technician acts as a primary point of contact for biological anthropology faculty and sessional instructors teaching courses with a laboratory component and provides support through the management of teaching and reference collections.
Click here for more information.