To find a better job quickly (but not too quickly). And you get paid to do it!
Your predecessors were successful.
Competitive salary (!) and benefits to match. In other words, Canadian academia will do anything to make sure you achieve the goal above.
- Pursue your own research projects, in line with the interests of the Chair and the PaqLab
- Publish lots of papers
- Share your skills with the students of the lab
- Possible co-supervisions at different levels (interns, MSc, PhD)
- Help with grant writing
- Participate actively in the life of the lab
Prospective candidates should contact us with the following information:
- Letter of interest – tell us why you are interested
- CV – tell us about yourself, because it’s not just about grades
- Contact information for two references
Informal inquiries are welcome. Position based at UQAM (Montreal) – flexible start date, but soon. Think you’re out of luck because of your background, a disability, or the way you dress? Relax, we don’t care, because innovation is born from diversity. The PaqLab offers an inclusive, equitable, respectful, healthy, and open-minded work environment (because we work there too!). I’m also a member of the Centre for Forest Research (CFR), and so will you. You are not doing this for the money, I know (!) but in case you are interested, your salary will be around 50,000$, for an initial one year contract.
Chaire de recherche sur la forêt urbaine
Centre for Forest Research (CFR)
Université du Québec à Montréal