Your role : Participate actively in projects led by Habitat, specifically relating to landscape mapping and analytics to evaluate ecological connectivity, biodiversity and ecosystem service provisioning.
- Work with QGIS and R for landscape mapping and analytics.
- Run multicriteria optimization analyses for landscape conservation using R or Zonation.
- Develop scripts and formulae (R, Python, etc.) to run ecological analyses (ie. connectivity or
- Contribute to the development of interactive mapping tools for landscape planning.
- Conduct literature reviews and acquire relevant data for mapping and analytics.
- Produce maps and synthesize main results.
- Contribute to report writing and publication of scientific articles as required.
- Graduate degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related discipline.
- Advanced use of R (e.g. packages sf, raster, terra).
- Experience with geomatic tools such as QGIS and GRASS.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in projects relating to ecology, biology or other related fields.
- Strong organizational skills, particularly relating to data management.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience using database management tools such as PostGIS, PostgreSQL et OsGeo4W.
- Knowledge of Julia programming language.
- Knowledge of other modeling tools for landscape change forecasting (e.g. Syncro Sim) or ecosystem service provisioning (e.g. InVEST).
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
- Salary determined according to internal scale.
- Estimated start date: Beginning of september 2021.
- Location: Montreal, with possibility of working remotely.
- Full-time contract (1 year) with possibility of renewal.
Deadline: August 23th, 2021
Please name your documents as follows:
NAME_Firstname_CV and NAME_Firstname_LETTER.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.