Ecology and evolution outreach projects across Canada
CSEE accepts outreach proposals for initiatives that promote education in ecology, evolution or conservation, public outreach seminars, public exhibitions, etc.
- Preference will be given for innovative proposals that fulfill a clear need for outreach and have the potential for renewal or could be reused in other areas of Canada
- An applicant does not need to be a member of CSEE, but if not, they will receive free membership for the year in order to encourage networking between the public and the CSEE community.
The normal maximum award is $500. Requests for an award in excess of this maximum will only be considered under exceptional circumstances.
- names of the main organizers
- title of proposal
- location of event
- brief description of the activity,
- expected participation and/or size of audience,
- proposed date of activity
- brief justification of the funding requested including if applicable other funding sources
There are two deadlines per year for submissions on 31 May and 31 October.
Please email your proposals to Chris Eckert, chair of CSEE’s Outreach Committee.
Obligations associated with the award:
- Award recipients will produce a summary report for CSEE within 4 weeks of the completed activity.
- Recipients should make the CSEE’s support visible on all documents (e.g. CSEE logo on posters, flyers, slides) and advertising materials (e.g. website).
- CSEE will post information about the outreach activity on the CSEE website, in accordance with publication regulations and other policies;
- The recipient of the funds must provide the CSEE President and Treasurer with a financial statement no later than 4 months after the activity on how the funds were used. Any unused funds must be returned to the Society.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to the chair of the committee, Chris Eckert.