The local organizing committee and the Canadian Society for Ecology and Evolution council executive regret to announce that we have decided to cancel the 15th Annual Meeting of the CSEE scheduled for May 28-31 in Edmonton, AB. While the risk in most parts of Canada, including Alberta, is currently low, we feel that the COVID-19 situation is changing so rapidly that the risks to the society membership and the broader community dictate that we cancel the meeting sooner rather than later. This step is aligned with many of the restrictions our institutions and local health authorities are placing on travel, hosting and participation in public events.
- Full reimbursement of registration fees will be handled by the University of Alberta’s Conference Services. Reimbursement will include any conference registrations and optional items paid for through the CSEE-SCEE 2020 on-line registration site.
- Membership fees – Memberships cover CSEE activities for the year and are not required to attend the conference. Membership fees will not be reimbursed.
- Travel & accommodation costs – Lister Residences accepts cancellations without charge up to 48 hours before your planned arrival date.
- Unfortunately, we cannot cover other travel and accommodation costs associated with disrupted travel plans by regular participants. However, the tri-council agencies have confirmed that the reimbursement of non-refundable travel fees from agency funds is acceptable considering the impacts of COVID-19.
- If you have an agreement for travel costs to be covered by the CSEE, non-recoverable travel costs may be reimbursed on a case-by-case basis. These reimbursements will be dealt with by the Treasurer of the CSEE (Yolanda Morbey, email@example.com).