The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) is seeking applications for an NSERC Tier 1 Canada Research Chair position in Plant Biology. Applicants must have expertise in the field of biochemistry, molecular biology, plant ecology, algal biology, plant physiology or a related field. More specifically, the University is looking for an expert in the metabolic engineering of plant systems or microalgae for the generation, production and/or catabolism of new and/or existing plant compounds. The successful candidate will be expected to lead an independent and innovative research program and participate in the teaching and training of undergraduate and graduate students. The successful candidate will also be expected to develop and consolidate interdisciplinary research in close collaboration with the members of the Plant Biology Research Group (GRBV) and those of the Institute for Innovations in Ecomaterials, Ecoproducts and Ecoenergy (I2E3). These are UQTR two main research units whose work respectively focuses on understanding plant systems (or molecules derived from plants) and on the creation of renewable material and products from biomass. These research units are equipped with state-of-the-art scientific equipment and infrastructure that could be used by the chairholder. Among other things, the chairholder will have access to:
- an analytical platform including mass spectrometers such as LC-qqq-MS and GCxGC-TOF-MS;
- a laboratory platform for cannabis studies including full-dedicated equipment for small scale culture of cannabis and basic equipment supporting biochemical and molecular biology research;
- Greenhouse platform including four independent units with environmental control and two growth chambers;
- Imaging and cellular biology platform including a confocal microscope and flow cytometers
- Laboratory scale and semi-pilot scale photobioreactors.
Click here for more information.